and Extraction of Spatial Objects
from Images and Maps
Welcome to the WWW server
of a joint DFG Project
This research project is supported by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and started in July 1993. It consists of 10
research groups, each of
them focussing on different research areas.
Goals of the research project (long version,PS-file, german):
Means for linking research in Photogrammetry, Cartography and Computer Science are:
- The Integration of research in Photogrammetry, Cartography, Image Understanding and Pattern Recognition was motivation and goal from the very beginning.
- We chose the modeling of object acquisition, -description and use in Geoinformation Systems as joint application area in order to foster research
cooperation. We use the concept Semantic Modeling as link for integrating the techniques to be developed.
- Modeling user interaction is explicitely integrated into the project as
operational systems will always need an interactive component.
- the development of joint models for topographic objects,
- the development of a joint concepual and methodological framework for the development the tools,
- a close cooperation among the participating disciplines with respect to both methodology and application,
- regular meeting for integrating the individual working groups.
Speaker of the project: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Förstner
Semantic Modeling Workshop SMATI '97, May 21-23 1997, Bonn
Semantic Modeling Workshop , September 7, 1999, Munich
FL - 30.4.99