- Building Information Modeling
- Localization and Mapping, SLAM
- LiDAR, 3D Point Cloud Processing
- Remote Sensing
Short CVJaehoon Jung is a guest researcher for photogrammetry at the University of Bonn. Before working in Bonn, he was a researcher at the Yonsei University. He grew up in Seoul, Korea, and received his PhD in 2014 from the Civil & Environmental Engineering at the Yonsei University.
In his research, he aims to automate the 3D as-built model creation with 3D laser-scanning data. It covers different aspects such as development and calibration of scanning system, point cloud processing, image processing, SLAM, BIM, and several other aspects. He is also interested in estimation of ground biomass with remote sensing techniques.
- KICEM – Outstanding research award (2013)
- Forest IT Competitive Exhibition 2011 – Best student paper award (2011)